Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lethargy

I am seized with lethargy. On this gorgeous, low humidity, breezy, sunny day, it is all I can do this afternoon to curl up on the sofa with a book or three. If I were a cat or a dog, I'd be lying on the floor snoring in a sliver of sunshine.


I admit I got a few hours of work done this morning. But then . . . nothing. Why this lethargic malaise that has hit me like a cement mixer full of thick, wet cement gushed over me, seeping into every pore? Maybe a human has a limit to how much they can keep pushing. Maybe chronic worry and stress works like wet cement in your brain and body after a time. Maybe this slightly sore throat I'm trying to simultaneously deny and treat has a hand in it. I don't know.





All I know is that I feel like I can hardly move. And it has been months since the last time I curled up on the sofa and read some good books. Today I read some middle grades books I've been meaning to:  
Who Stole the Wizard of Oz?
I LOVE Avi's books
and
Just Juice (Scholastic Signature)
What super writing

And I enjoyed it. Wonderful writing both inspires me and makes me feel that all is right with the world. Maybe tomorrow I will have more energy.

My Samson - not a high energy dog. I'm at his pace today.

Then again, I DID just get a blog post written . . . 

Now back to the sofa with another book.

No comments:

Post a Comment